Definition of Terms
‘Personal Data’ means any information or data relating to an identified or identifiable natural and/or legal person (“data subject”); an identifiable natural person or legal person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural and/or legal person.
‘Data Subject’ is any User or intending User of this App who is identified or an identifiable natural and/or legal person, whose personal data is processed
‘Processing’ includes any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, maintaining, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
‘Third Party’ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than Xend Tech Limited, the data subject, merchant, and persons who under the direct authority of Xend Tech Limited are authorized to process personal data.
‘Consent’ of the data subject is any given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject's wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him, her or them.
Clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him, her or them.
What Information does the App obtain and how is it Used?
User Provided Information
We Process the information you provide when you download and register with the App. Registration with us is mandatory in order to access the App’s services.
When you register with us and use the App, you will be generally be expected to provide the following information:
- Your name;
- Your email address and/or residential address;
- Your telephone number;
- Your age;
- Your username;
- Your password;
- Your social media account;
- Your Financial Identification number (Bank Account);
- Your Credit/Debit card information, where applicable;
- The information you provide us when you contact our customer care;
- Any other information you will be required to provide in order to make use of our App or that you may provide while making use of our App.
We may also use the information provided by you to contact you from time to time to provide you with important updates and/or information, required notices and marketing promotions.
Automatically Collected Personal Data/Information
In addition, the App may collect certain Personal Data from you automatically through the use of Log Files and Cookies. These Data includes, but is not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique ID, the IP (Internet Protocol) address of your mobile device, your mobile network provider, your mobile operating system, your approximate location, referring/exit pages, date/time stamp, other meta data and general information about the way you use the App.
Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the App?
Yes. We will share your information with third parties only in ways that are disclosed in this privacy statement
We may disclose User Information Provided, as well as Automatically Collected Information under the following circumstances:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- With our trusted service providers who work on our behalf, provided they do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement;
- If Xend Tech Limited is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, we shall endeavour to notify you via email and/a prominent notice on our Web site indicating any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information.
What are your opt-out rights?
You can stop all collection of information by this App easily by uninstalling the App. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device’s feature or via the mobile application marketplace or network. You can also request to opt-out via email, at [email protected]
Data Retention Policy and how we Manage Your Information
We will retain User Provided data for as long as you use the App and for a reasonable time thereafter. We will retain Automatically Collected information for up to 24 months and thereafter may store it in aggregate. If you’d like us to delete your Personal Data, please contact us at [email protected] and we will respond within a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of your Personal Data may be required in order for the App to function optimally.
Privacy for Children
Children below the age of 13 are restricted from making use of this App. Thus, we do not use the App to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at [email protected] and we will delete such information from our database within a reasonable time.
We are concerned about safeguarding your Personal Data. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. We have taken the following steps in these regards:
- We have incorporated our security team from day one during the development of this App;
- We have tested and will keep testing our App for any possible security loophole or breach;
- We have incorporated safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption protocols;
- We have utilized secure data transmission protocols, such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) to ensure the safety of your information;
- We have implemented tamper protection to ensure the safety of your information,
- We limit access to your information to authorized employees and contractors only, who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our App and services.
Please note that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for the information we process and maintain, no security system is 100% foolproof and as such all potential security breaches may not be eliminated. As such, if you have reason to believe that your interaction with the App is no longer secure, please immediately notify us of your concerns via the information provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
Email: [email protected]
Postal address: Suite D8, Bethel Plaza, 36 Garden Avenue, G.R.A, Enugu, Nigeria.
NB: Email communications are not always secure, take care not to include credit card information or any sensitive information in your email to us.